Who we are
Our website address is: https://westendtavern.co.uk
What information do we collect?
When you visit our website, we collect certain information about your device, including your IP address, browser type, and operating system. We also collect information about the pages you visit on our website, the links you click, and the products you view or purchase.
We collect this information using cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information about cookies, please see the “Cookies” section below.
We also collect the following information from you when you make a reservation:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- The date and time of your reservation
- The number of people in your party
- Any special request
How do we use your information?
We use the information we collect about you to:
- Process your reservation and fulfil any other obligations arising from our contracts with you;
- Communicate with you about your reservation, products, services, and marketing offers;
- Improve our website and make booking a table easier for you;
- Track the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns; and
- Personalize your experience on our website.
We may also share your information with third-party service providers who help us with our business, such as:
- Reservation management software providers;
- Payment processors;
- Data analysis companies.
These third-party service providers only have access to your information to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf, and they are not allowed to use it for any other purpose.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
You can choose to disable cookies at any time through your browser settings. However, please note that if you disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the features of our website.
We use Google Analytics to track how visitors use our website. Google Analytics collects information about website traffic, such as the number of visitors to the website and the pages they visit. This information is used to improve the website and to provide better service to its users.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics tracking by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How do we protect your information?
We take security measures to protect your information, including:
- Using secure protocols, such as HTTPS, to encrypt your information when you transmit it to us;
- Storing your information on secure servers; and
- Accessing your information only when necessary and only by authorized personnel.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
You have certain rights regarding your information, including the right to:
- Access your information;
- Correct any inaccurate or incomplete information;
- Have your information deleted;
- Object to the processing of your information;
- Restrict the processing of your information;
- Port your information to another organisation; and
- File a complaint with a data protection authority.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where your data is sent
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.